Google
 

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

NYC Flash'd


"Life's not measured by the number of breaths one takes, but by the moments that take your breath away."
-Pat Riley on watching Dwyane Wade play

Still the standard of coaching elegance and eloquence after all these years (though Pop's giving him a run for his money).

But my favorite quote from Miami's brain trust comes from the much less refined but equally irrepressible Stan Van Gundy. After the famous Van Gundy temper exploded following a Shandon Anderson turnover in a game against San Antonio, assistant Erik Spoelstra (the young one) wrote SVG a note saying, "You were an absolute lunatic last night."


SVG's response: "I'm like 40 pounds overweight. I have high cholesterol. I could check out at any time, and he's throwing away an outlet pass."

Oh Stan. He's gaining on his brother for my 3rd favorite coach spot.

No comments: