Google
 

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fashion Faceoff: David Lee vs. Kevin Durant

So it's been awhile since I've done a post on the finest guys in the NBA, and as I was inspecting the field, I came across two pictures that made me do a double take.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My initial reaction to David Lee's gateway shirt to Star Wars level nerddom was, "Ohhhhh no." But the more I thought about it, the cooler it became. I mean, this guy plays in the world's most famous arena day in and day out, in one of the biggest cities in the world, and he still gets excited enough for a movie premiere that he'd wear a shirt proclaiming himself its biggest fan. That's the kind of enthusiasm I pay to see pros have on the court. And that's what David Lee brought to MSG after a long absence. If it's fueled by a man crush on Bruce Willis, so be it!

Kevin Durant, on the other hand, is on the receiving end of many a man crush. He's been described as a tenacious competitor and a cold-blooded killer so it cracks me up that he's wearing a Coogi, a sweater whose standard-bearer is a jello-jiggling Father of the Year. It's so cute! An assassin in old men's clothing. I love it.

I say these two men are HOT. We'll see if they make The List (when I eventually get to it, that is). I can't wait for the season.

PS. So David Lee's shirt brought back memories of the funniest segment on Conan. Enjoy.

No comments: